Students begin the application process at online.hbs.edu/courses/CORe using their campus email address to create an HBS Online account.
Follow steps to Create Account and provide required information. Once the student hits "submit," they will need to check their email and verify the account through the verification link provided. Once the account has been verified, the student will be able to login and begin a CORe application.
Step 2 of 3: CORe Application
At the very beginning of the application, students should select “no” to the question of taking CORe for undergraduate credit, as that path routes them to Harvard Extension School. The reduced cost from HBS Online is only available to the non-credit version of CORe.
Students are then required to provide basic demographic information. They should select the checkbox that indicates they are a current student.
When the application and essay have been submitted, the student will see the following scholarship page (assuming they have applied with their campus email address and checked the box indicating they are a current student). Students who wish to utilize the promo code should select to SKIP the scholarship section altogether. For more information about scholarships in future programs where the COVID-19 promotional code is not available, please review our Payment & Financial Aid page.
Completing Payment and Enrollment
Step 3 of 3: Enter promotional code and complete enrollment
Once accepted, the student will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org with notification of their acceptance. The subject line of the email will read “Admissions Decision Available.” They will then need to log back into their account to complete enrollment.
At the payment page, students should enter the promotional code CoreSummer21 to reduce the cost of CORe from $2,250 to $450 (see below). The payment page is also where they can forward the payment request to a contact at their college or university, or other sponsor.
Students will receive an email confirmation once payment is completed. The HBS Online team will be in touch 3-4 days before the course begins with an introductory email to help students get started with the program.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are a few questions you might be wondering about. If you have other questions on your mind, please check out our Frequently Asked Questions.
- Q: Can I still get the discount if I already enrolled in CORe?
- A: The discount is available to the May and June 2021 cohorts only. If you already enrolled in May or June CORe and would like to use the promotional code, please reach out to us to email@example.com as soon as possible so that we may process this change. We will not be able to accommodate requests made after your cohort's respective enrollment deadline.
- Q: What should I do if I accidentally requested a scholarship in my CORe application?
- A: Scholarship requests are not needed to take advantage of the discounted offer. To prevent any delay in processing your application, please send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org to cancel your scholarship request so that you may receive the $450 pricing using the promotional code.
- Q: If I already have an HBS Online account, how can I enroll with the promotional code?
- A: Be sure your account uses your campus email address as your username before submitting your CORe application. The promotional code can be used only with a campus email from a Collaborating College. You can update your email address by emailing email@example.com.
- Q: I don't know if my school is a Collaborating College. Am I eligible for the discount?
- A: The $450 pricing is available only for current students within the Collaborating College network. Our application system will recognize your school as a Collaborating College when you complete the Education section of the application. If your school is interested in joining as a Collaborating College, please have someone from your school contact the HBS Online Alliances team.